Place Your Banner Here

Place Your Banner Here
Your Ad Here

Thursday

Montana's Country Cafe ~ Marble Pennsylvania

We are always looking for a new place to eat when we visit my Daughter in Leeper, Pennsylvania.    I know we have driven by this place 100 times and to tell you the truth, I never seen it.

It is pretty far out in the country and I am pretty sure they only get the locals.     Since we had never been here before, we had no idea what to expect or if the food was good.

 
There are a couple of rooms to sit in and we tried to sit as far away from the door as possible.  It was cold that day and I didn't want to freeze every time the door opened.
 
 You can't see very well, but they have fresh homemade pies in their little display case.


Because I try to eat for the candida diet, I have a hard time at most restaurants finding anything to eat.  They usually drown everything in butter.

When our waitress came over to take our order  (by the way... she is a friend of my Granddaughters)  anyway, I ask for my steak grilled with no seasoning and my carrots with nothing on them... the same for my potatoes.    I don't usually eat white potatoes but sometimes you gotta eat what you can find.
Everything came just the way I ordered it.
 
When a restaurant can get my food the way I want it.... I will go back.
 
Not only did I get my food the way I wanted it but everyone said how good their food tasted.  My Daughter got a hot roast beef sandwich and my Hubs ordered Country Fried Chicken.
 
My Daughter told me this restaurant was in Fryburg, Pa, but it is actually in Marble which is just up the road from Fryburg.

Montana's Country Cafe
18086 Route 208
Marble, Pennsylvania
814-354-7376

15 comments:

  1. That steak looks SOOOOO good. I love it when a restaurant gets my order correct if I have a special request!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about when they get it right, you do NOT forget. I tend to eat the same thing every time at a restaurant because they're consistent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when they actually bring it out right the first time. You never would think that would be hard but holy moly is it!

    Sounds like a great place to visit again!

    I thought I was already following you, so I clicked it again :) Hope this time it goes through ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to like when they get it right not many do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll have to remember it, and go back again! We just booked a few stays in South Dakota for the summer. One place is a little cabin in the middle of no where. I'm hoping the boys like it. They like Little House on the Prairie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a hearty place to come in out of the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Goodness.... I never realized that you are the same Terry who does My Journey with Candida until TODAY.... Just didn't hook the two together. I like this blog much better than the other one since I am NOT into giveaways....

    Since we do alot of traveling, this blog is much more interesting to me. That looks like a fabulous cafe... I love country cooking --but sometimes, some 'country' restaurants are not as good as others... We go to the Cracker Barrel often since we like it!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice. Thank you for the review. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great they cooked it just right. Restaurants can be tricky when you are on a special diet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to leave out the seasonings and sauce for my food too but sometimes the restaurant just couldn't bother to cater to customers' requests. Good that this one does and all of you enjoyed your food.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad they got your order right. I really do like when the waiter listens and writes the order correctly. I have had a waiter actually have the nerve to tell me "Oh no you did not order your steak well done!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to find a local restaurant that has good food...I would go back too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Just found your blog. I have a travel blog as well of our travels. I'm your latest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love cafe's like this! The food looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's great when they fix things the way you want. I have allergies and must order things fixed without this or that and about half the time something is not right. What part of "no cheese" is hard to understand?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.