Place Your Banner Here

Place Your Banner Here
Your Ad Here

Friday

San Jaun National Historic Site ~ San Juan Puerto Rico

The San Jauan National Historic Site includes many forts, including Castillo San Cristobal, Castillo San Felipe del Morro, Fortin San Jaun de la Cruz , which locals call El Canuelo.
 
 
We visited so many forts that I got kind of bored with them.   The guys enjoyed them because some of them had a lot of old relics they could look at.
 
If you are interested in touring old forts and are ever in San Juan, you will be in your glory.

Look how high up I got.  I didn't think I would ever make it up there.
 
We tried to get a picture of us through a little archway, but even with the camera flash, everything was dark.   I love the back round though.

 

15 comments:

  1. It looks so pretty and warm there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look pretty huge, be fun to see but have one or two I'd be bored too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA Terry... I have a hubby who loves all of the old forts also. We too have visited more than I would have chosen to visit in my lifetime... BUT--he loves it, so I have to enjoy it also... ha

    Great photos... We flew into San Juan when we went on a South Caribbean cruise in 2001. Didn't see much of the city though.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Travis would really enjoy this. The boys would love to just run around it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like forts, but I try to do just one per trip because I'm kinda like you. I would get fort overload.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if my last comment went through, but I was saying I think I might get fort overload with more than one per trip. But I do enjoy them in moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous - I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Puerto Rico. It looks gorgeous and my hubby would totally love this place, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love old forts...so neat

    ReplyDelete
  9. The silhouette effect is nice! Looks like a cool place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate to be so "gender" about it, but guys love forts. You'd never write: We visited so many shoe stores that I got bored with them ;o.~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice pictures! I know my son would love to visit the forts. He is such a history buff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful! I am so jealous of your fun adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice photos. The view must be very nice when you got to the highest spot on the fort.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband would be all over that! It would be so much fun to see that. I love the background in that last picture too :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would to visit San Juan, I have always heard it's gorgeous. Yikes that is such a long way up.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.