Place Your Banner Here

Place Your Banner Here
Your Ad Here

Friday

Wooden Nickel Buffalo Farm ~ Erie Pennsylvania

 
I had been to the Wooden Nickel Buffalo Farm many years ago,  so when we were driving by, I told my Hubs to stop so I can take a look.
 
During the summer at the Trading Post, they have a little fest where vendors can come to sell there wares.   In the winter, not much goes on.
Erie, Pa is in the snow belt and gets a lot of snow dumped on them from Lake Erie
 
 
 
 
Doesn't that buffalo look miserable?   Even with all his fur, he still looks cold.
 
 
Wooden Nickel Buffalo Farm
5970 Koman Rd
Erie, Pa 16412

10 comments:

  1. He definitely doesn't look happy, but hopefully all that fur keeps him warm.

    What a cool place, though. There's definitely nothing like that around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat place - you'll have to return this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess these beasts can handle the cold. They once roamed the great Plains without any help from humans. But it is a joy to see them in your photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember my Gramma saying "Don't take any wooden nickels" I wondered what she meant now I know:) I would not mind seeing the buffalo. Don't worry about that buffalo their coat is so thick and warm he is comfortable. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. That had to be fun to stop and get such nice photos. That buffalo sure does look cold although I bet he is not really cold. We have a buffalo farm just around the corner from our home. Well its actually about a country block away. They sell the best buffalo meat around these parts. I wonder how close the Wooden Nickel Buffalo Farm is from the turnpike. We go that way to visit my granddaughters and I would love to stop there. I will have to Google it and see if it would be not to far off our path.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up on a farm in Iowa and used to tell my Da how awful I felt for the cows in wintertime. They just looked miserable. But, then...after some thought, I realized that they had the exact same look in the summertime...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The buffalo should be okay. They probably prefer to be outdoors rather than in a barn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to visit here! How neat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always think buffalo's look so ancient. They look like wooly mammoths to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The buffalo does look cold doesn't it? I wonder whether it is really feeling cold or not.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.