Place Your Banner Here

Place Your Banner Here
Your Ad Here

Thursday

Delta Pecan Orchard ~ Tutwiler, Mississippi

Early in January, we headed SOUTH to Tunica, Mississippi thinking we were going to get away from the cold, snow, rain and ice.   Little did we know Mississippi was getting hit with winter storms also.  So much for getting away.
 
While we were in Tunica, we stopped into The Gateway To The Blues Visitor Center, while there, my Hubs found some Pecan Oil for sale that was produced by a local pecan orchard Delta Pecan Orchard.
 
When I found out they were in the next town over Tutwiler, Mississippi,  I wanted to go see the pecan orchard.
 
Of course it being winter, I only got to see bare trees but they own something like 150 acres in pecan trees.  Thats a lot of pecans!!


They don't have a store on site, but they do have their online store Delta Pecan Orchard
 
We stopped in to say Hello and of course buy some more pecan oil
 
 
 
This is just some of their pecan oil.   I am going to be making Pecan Pancakes and having my Inlaws over for a breakfast.
 
Delta Pecan Orchard
473 MS Highway 3
Tutwiler, Mississippi 38963
Twitter @deltapecan
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Pancakes made from pecan oil? How great is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had pecan oil. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mississippi, I was born in Natchez and just love going back there to visit. My cousin has a pecan orchard, and it so refreshing to just go there and get back to nature, don't you think? Have fun on your many travels, Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mississippi, I was born in Natchez and just love going back there to visit. My cousin has a pecan orchard, and it so refreshing to just go there and get back to nature, don't you think? Have fun on your many travels, Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I would love to be your in laws for that breakfast:) B

    ReplyDelete
  6. At the risk of sounding REALLY dumb right now....I had no idea pecans were grown in big orchards like that. How cool. Even though the trees were bare, at least you can say you went :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to visit that farm and try some of that. I am really starting to like nuts so much more than I used to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I have ever heard of pecan oil. I would love to try some. I have got to go look this up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the little spots you show us. Your blog is such a great travel reference!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never knew that there was pecan oil. I want to try some now. I wonder if Trader Joe or Whole Foods would have any? I'll have to check.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm, pecans! I've been adding pecan meal to my gluten-free pancakes. It tastes good, adds fiber, and boosts the amount of protein. Also good are maple-roasted pecans!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to eat pecans but have not tasted any pecan oil before.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.