Place Your Banner Here

Place Your Banner Here
Your Ad Here

Wednesday

The Mystery Of Toynbee Tiles ~ Cleveland Ohio ~ Strange Happenings ~ Weird

I was sitting outside the Ritz-Carlton in Cleveland Ohio waiting for my Hubs to check in. I was close to the intersection of West 3rd and Prospect.

A young man and lady came along, aimed their camera at the ground snapped a picture of something that I had no idea what it was. They High Fived each other, laughed and left.

Me being the curious sort, got out of the car with my camera. In the middle of the street was a plaque. I had no idea what it was. A car came along... it was the young man and lady. They said.. you are taking a picture too! I said yes, because I seen you take it. They laughed and told me that the plaque was a Toynbee Tile. They also said there were only about 120 of them in the world.
 
 
No one knows where the Toynbee Tiles Come from or how they get where they are. They show up at intersections. They seem to be made out of linoleum. The writing seems to be carved into it somehow. The tile is stuck to the pavement with asphalt glue.


All of the tiles contain some form of this
TOYENBEE IDEA
IN KUBRICK'S IDEA 2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

You can find these tiles in different cities in the US and in a few foreign cities.
There may be one in your city. 

I almost forgot.   While I was taking my picture of the tile about 4 workmen came over to see what I was looking at and taking a picture of.   They live in Cleveland and never seen or heard of this before.  I told them the story that was told to me.   They just shook and scratched their heads.    

So is this strange or what? ? ?  Kinda weird huh?

11 comments:

  1. That is strange. Now you have to go find the rest of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wild. I've never heard of such a thing. What do they mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds fun actually. One day, weh I am retired and can afford to tracel around I will probably look for those. Something to do anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so unusual...neat to see the pic

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if they have record who created them somewhere? I bet it's an artist that wanted to left unknown. There are graffiti artists like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Strange. I have been in Cleveland many time and never heard of that. Now I want to stop on our way to WV and get a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool I am scratching my head too but I love a great mystery. Thank you. B

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.