Place Your Banner Here

Place Your Banner Here
Your Ad Here

Sunday

Pennsylvania Macaroni Co ~ Strip District ~ Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

We love going to the Strip District in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.  So much to see and do.  Parking is a bear but if you get there early, you can usually get a great parking spot.

My Husbands very favorite store there is the Pennsylvania Macaroni Co.    He will shop in there for hours.  

He is of Italian heritage and they sell a lot of goods that the Italians want.


If you look through the door, you will see barrels.  They are full of nuts, beans, grains, all kinds of things.

This is what my Hubs goes for, the balls of cheese.   He loves the sharp pravalone.     They also have a great hard bread that he buys everytime we go.
 
Speaking of bread, I am going to leave you with a great recipe for Italian Feather Bread that I got from my friend who writes The Desparate Cook.   This bread turns out great everytime I make it.
 
Italian Feather Bread
 
1 3/4 cup water
1/3 cup butter
Heat the water and butter together in a sauce pan until the butter melts, then pour it into your bread machine. As soon as it cools off a little add>.
1 Tablespoon Sugar
2 Teaspoons salt
5 1/2-6 Cups flour
2 Packages active dry yeast
Set bread machine to dough cycle and let it do its thing
When bread machine is finished make your rolls, bread or whatever shapes you want. Place the dough on a cookie sheet sprinkled with white corn meal.
Let rise until doubled
Bake at 400 degrees until golden.

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love Italian Markets and I love that name I would go into any store that was named Macaroni.
    Love the recipe. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. That recipe really does look good and the store is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear a bread recipe! I now want to make that recipe right now! Warm baked bread my family can never get enough of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great recipe. I'm gonna pass it along to my favorite chef.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gonna try that bread. It looks so appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a great shop! I'd love to check it out. Mica could eat a whole loaf of bread in one sitting; I'm sure. We went to Outback Steakhouse on Friday. I kept having to ask for more bread. The boy still ate all his meal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That's my kind of shop!! But why is the feather bread called feather bread?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummm! I do love bread, I am going to try this. I just love little shops like that. I will get out my bread maker(that has been in the cabinet for over a year)! I'll let ya know how it turns out. Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bread looks so good it makes me want to make it but...I don't think mine would come out as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:09 PM

    thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.