Place Your Banner Here

Place Your Banner Here
Your Ad Here

Monday

McElroys On The Bayou ~ Ocean Springs, Mississippi

My Husband loves seafood but we have such a hard time finding GOOD seafood.

The girl at the hotel we were staying in told us about McElroy's that is located on the Bayou in Ocean Springs, Mississippi.  She said they have the best seafood around.  We shall see!


I of course had to go outside and snap a picture of the bayou since this is the first time I have ever seen a bayou.    I even had to look up the definition of Bayou.  A Bayou is a body of water found in flat, low lying areas and can refer to a slow moving stream, river or marshy lake or wet land.  Bayou can also refer to creeks whose levels change due to tides.  Bayous are comonly found in the Gulf  Coast Region of the United States.   So, this is my first glance at a bayou.

 
While I was outside enjoying the Bayou, Hubs was inside eat a PoBoy and Seafood Gumbo.  The gumbo,  he said was the best he has ever eaten.
 
Good Job McElroy's!!!  Now we know where to go when we are in Biloxi to get good seafood.

6 comments:

  1. That does sound good. I love seafood as well. Omaha, NE doesn't have the best seafood around. I try and eat salmon once a week - thanks to Costco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sandwich looks wonderful! I would have taken it to go and sat outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh. the gumbo sounds yummy! that bayou shot is lovely, too.

    thanks for stopping in today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo of a bayou and foods I have eaten ~ po'boy and gumbo ~ great stuff! ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love seafood as well and have been getting our fill up here in Maine! Lobstah lobstah lobstah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE seafood, but crabs for some reason make my lips itch. I always wondered about what exactly is a Bayou. Thanx for the explanation. Also love the song by Linda Ronstat, Blue Bayou. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.