Place Your Banner Here

Place Your Banner Here
Your Ad Here

Friday

Lost River Cave ~ Bowling Green Kentucky

I love visiting caves, exploring where not many people have been. Each and every cave I visit is different. The Lost River Cave is just BEAUTIFUL!! One of the most beautiful I have seen.

We started our Journey by walking on a beautiful 20 minute historic river walk which ended at one of the largest cave entrances east of the Mississippi River. Along the way you will see a small lake that Ripleys Believe It Or Not says is the shortest, deepest in the world.

We continued on to one the the largest cave entrances east of the Mississipppi.

As we floated in our boat, daylight became darkness and it became much cooler, cool enough that I was happy to have my jacket with me.

This was so relaxing to me, I could of stayed in The Lost River Cave for a long time just looking at all the sites. This is one place you will not be dissappointed in visiting.

The boat tour lasted about 25 minutes.

Here are some interesting things I learned about while visiting the Lost River Cave. You will have to make sure you visit to learn more about them.

. Jesse James was said to of been one of the visitors here, hiding out after robbing the bank nearby.
. Colonel John Hunt Morgan

. Prehistoric Native Americans ~ I guess it isn't cool to call them indians any longer. I have Indian Blood Native American Blood in me and I don't mind being called an Indian.
. Civil War Troops

. 1930s Underground Night Club
Here they were setting up for a wedding


After you finish the 25 minute boat tour, be sure to check out the
. Butterfly Habitat



. Treetop Bridge

. Blue Hole Trails

Ripley’s Believe It or Not claims this lake is the shortest, deepest in the world.


. Old Mill Gift Shop


Here is something fun for the kids, A Kids Discovery Cave Crawl. What kid wouldn't want to do that? Especially if you have boys, well, when I was little I would of liked to do that and I am a girl.
Check Lost River Cave out at




2818 Nashville Road
Bowling Green, KY 42101

(270) 393-0077

Check them out further
Lost River Cave Facebook

Lost River Cave Twitter @LostRiverCave

Lost River Rocks Blog

9 comments:

  1. Susan7:03 AM

    I think this would be so neat!! I have seen rivers in caves on TV but never in person. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot of the butterfly. I have only been to a butterfly habitat in Canada but it was GREAT!!
    I wonder how far I am from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going to be going next year to Memphis and I think we just might have to stop here on our way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cool, I want to go here. This is in Kentucky also. Whew! you are finding me a lot of places to go on our Kentucky trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great place and excellent photography ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an awesome place to vist!! Beautiful photography!

    Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again!

    Swinging by once more to follow your lovely blog.
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cool - I want to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love caves! Missouri is supposed to have a lot of caves. I don't know what I'm missing. I've been there plenty, but haven't seen very many caves advertised. I'll have to look it up sometime. I'd love to take the boys in a cave.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.