Place Your Banner Here

Place Your Banner Here
Your Ad Here

Tuesday

Have You Ever Seen Cotton Growing? Tunica Mississippi

While we were traveling in and around Tunica, Mississippi, I got my first glimpse of cotton growing in the fields. 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Check out More Things To Do In Tunica, Mississippi

Gateway To The Blues Visitor Center

Family Market ~ Grocery Store

The Town Of Tunica

The Tunica Museum

Mhoon Landing.... This is a GREAT place to see the Mississipi River, plus you can picnic here.

Tunica Queen Riverboat ~ This is a great way to see the Mighty Mississippi

Cotton Growing In Tunica ~ If you are in Tunica at the right time of year, you can see cotton growing in the fields.

See Milo Growing

Tate Log House ~ Be sure not to miss this log house built in 1840

Tunica Riverpark Nature Trail ~ There is a small charge for this

Gateway To The Blues Wine Bottle Tree

10 comments:

  1. Years ago, when my husband and I were on our honeymoon, we were driving through Mississippi and we also saw cotton growing! It was neat to see it on the plant-in the fields-instead of in the usual plastic bags at the store:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Thanks for sharing. Happy WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cotton pictures. My late dad was born in 1922, and he picked cotton as a little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the look of cotton bushes. I have never seen them living in Canada.B

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen cotton in a field for a long, long time. It's quite fascinating how our clothes begin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, they grow just like little cotton balls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw some on the way to Georgia. It's so cool to see considering I'm from Nebraska. No cotton here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen it before - cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have it all over the place here, right across the street even! Within the next month, they'll be harvesting it I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cotton. It is one of my fave things. Never seen a cotton field up close in person before. Cotton looks so pretty while in their pods. Don't they have a spiky, thorny, prickly thingy attached to them? Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.