Place Your Banner Here

Place Your Banner Here
Your Ad Here

Saturday

Elvis Presley Graceland ~ Memphis Tennessee

If you are going to Memphis, you can't not go see Graceland.  Everyone needs to see where The King lived when he was not on tour or in Las Vegas doing shows there.
 
 
 
The house is not huge but very well kept. 
 
We went through Graceland about 8 years ago and I did not want to pay the price to see it again.   I don't think they let us take pictures inside anyway.  Not sure about that...  Once you have seen it, it won't change much over the years,  but you really need to see this JUST ONCE.
 
His Trophy Room  is out back of the house and it is very well worth seeing, just filled full of Elvis, Elvis, Elvis!!
 Elvis is now buried in the Meditation Garden at Graceland along with his mother and father.
 
 
One thing that amazed my Hubs is the Graffitti that Elvis's adoring fans put on this rock wall located outside the home. 



Ticket office

3765 Elvis Presley Blvd
Memphis, Tennessee 38116

Things To Do In Memphis, Tennessee
Tennessee State Welcome Center
Beale Street
Gus's World Famous Chicken
Peabody Hotel Ducks
The Trolley
Elvis Graceland

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. I'd love to see Elvis' home.

    I wonder if people think it's haunted?

    I just can't get his song, Love Me Tender out of my head now. That song cracks me up now. In Kung Fu Panda the panda refers to his manly parts as, "Tenders". He was kicked in them and said, "Oh my tenders!" When Elvis' song played Mica started cracking up big time and said, "Why would I want to love my tenders?" I can't take it seriously any longer.

    I love his song, In the Ghetto. It makes me sad, but I love how he sings it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been. It looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't much of an Elvis fan growing up, but I have friends and family members who've made the pilgrimage to Graceland and found it a rewarding experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to visit Graceland. My mother was an Elvis fan. She had all his albums.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I'm ever in Memphis, Graceland is top of the 'must see' list!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the Graffiti tributes.B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Graceland reminds me of the plantation homes you see in Louisiana.
    Even having to pay something to go through their homes.. But it's worth it one time.. We went through a plantation home in New Orleans area called Oak Alley I believe and inside the house was a picture of the family.. The lady giving the tour said their last name was Postlethwait.. (Oh my goodness, that is my last name). Those homes are so beautiful~!
    I liked the graffti wall that the fans made..
    ta ta for now from Iowa:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been but have seen some of the interior on television.

    Your mom's chicken with home made noodles sounds so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos of some place I will probably not get to ~ so wonderful to see 'Graceland' ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    thanks for coming by and commenting ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to Graceland. One of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have wanted to go to Graceland forever. I am a huge Elvis fan. :)
    donna.marie2011@Hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do they have any Elvis impersonator's there?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.