Place Your Banner Here

Place Your Banner Here
Your Ad Here

Sunday

How Not To Get To Seaside New Jersey From Atlantic City

Sometimes You Just Know You Are Going To Have A Bad Day ~24 Hours Of Bad Luck



I decided while we were in Atlantic City, New Jersey that I wanted to visit Seaside, where they film the reality show Jersey Shore. Don't ask me why because I have no idea. Yes, I do watch Jersey Shore and am not sure why I do that either. Probably out of lack of anything else to watch. The gang of Jersey Shore is so WILD. Maybe I have a want to be wild and live it through them..... LOL... NOT!!

So on the day we decided to go to Seaside, we were a little late getting started because we had been in New York City the day before and were really tired. Before we left our room, I took the Do Not Disturb sign off the door so we would get our room cleaned.

We get to the bus station at about 2 minutes after 11:00 AM (Yes, we took a bus to Seaside) The attendant told us we missed the bus by 2 minutes and it would be an hour wait. 12:00 is not a bad time to leave.

Since we had an hour wait, we walked to WhiteHouse to get my Daughter and Granddaughter a sub for lunch. I of course brought my own lunch.

At noon, we got on the bus that would take us to Toms River so we could catch the local bus to Seaside.
Above is the bus station at Toms River. There we were told we missed the bus by 2 minutes... Yes! again. 2 minutes. We were told it would be and hour and a half wait. Okay, no problem.

We ask the attendant a lot of questions about getting back. We did not want to get stranded. He said no way, the local buses at Seaside run to Toms River until 10:30 PM GREAT!!

During the wait, I wanted something out of my purse, at this point I have no idea what it was. I reached my hand in my purse and everything in it is sticky. My bottle of liquid stevia was leaking. Jeezeeee..... what else can go wrong?? Thanks to my Daughter, we finally get that mess cleaned up.

At 2:30PM the local bus to Seaside comes and we get on it. What should of been a 10-15 minute ride took about an hour because they stopped at every stop that they could find along the way, plus a few that weren't real stops.

Finally, we are in Seaside and walking up on the Boardwalk!! KerSplat!! You probably know whats coming!! A seagull POOPED ON MY HEAD!! Really!! I did not need that to know I was having a bad day! @xox!!!?+&^% (Those are cuss words in case you didn't know)


First things first, We find a restroom and clean the poop out of my hair the best we can. So gross!! But, I am still not defeated and on we go.


I had to stop at the Shore Store just to see if I could see Snookie, Jwow, Vinnie, or Pauly D. Mike... I really didn't care one way or the other. Of course, they weren't there.

Right directly behind the Shore Store, is the house they stay in during shooting.

If you watch Jersey Shore, You know Karma!!


Since we are there, we walk around the boardwalk and look at all the sights,
there really isn't much to see so we decide to eat and get ready to catch the bus back to Atlantic City, by way of Toms River.
Before we leave, I decide I want to use the ladies room.

As we are walking to the bus stop, we see the bus stop. I start waving my arms like a lunatic trying to get the bus driver to stop the bus. Of course he doesn't see us. This is at about 5:30 PM. The next bus comes at 6:50 so we sit and wait for it.

6:50 Rolls around and NO BUS!! The next bus is suppose to be there at 7:30. 7:30PM Comes and goes... NO BUS!! I am starting to get a little worried so we call the number on the bus stop sign. It is an automated estimate of when the next bus will be there. They say 8:10. At 8:10PM, Still no bus so we call again. They Say 9:30PM. Now I am really thinking I might have to knock on Snookies door and ask if we can stay with them.... Hahaha... do you think they would let us?

We see a woman walking and ask her if she happens to know the name of the Seaside taxi service. She laughs at us... She said the nearest one is in Brick, New Jersey. So we call there and they tell us they don't have a taxi in our area and they aren't coming. So we call Toms River, they do have a taxi and it will cost us $25. They will send them out....

Just then, a bus pulls up going the wrong direction. The bus driver asks us where we are going. We tell him Toms River. He says he is going to Toms River.... Yay!!! We pay $6 for all of us, Call the taxi and cancell and get on the bus.

We get to Toms River and Believe it or not. We missed the bus to Atlantic City by 2 minutes. It is getting dark and I really don't want to sit at a bus station in the middle of no where that has no one attending it because they all went home.

Lucky for us, we only had to wait about 15-20 minutes when another bus came along to Atlantic City. It took 2 hours and many stops to get there, but we made it.

Finally we get into our room and can't wait to get into the shower. Would you believe they never cleaned our room!!!! Oh My Gosh!! Will this run of bad luck never end. I wanted to wash the bird poop out of my hair!!

So, okay. My Hubs had put 2 towels into the closet and that is what we used. We are so tired that we go right to bed as soon as we get cleaned up.

The next day, we get ready to leave the room and our door won't lock right and our keys won't work. 4 different keys did not work.

To make this part short, I got the key situation taken care of and all is good.

Whew!!! What a Day!! So glad it is over. None of this would have happened, had we not been 2 minutes late for the first bus.

So, have any of you had a run of bad luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment