Place Your Banner Here

Place Your Banner Here
Your Ad Here

Saturday

Erie Pennsylvania ~ House Boats On Horseshoe Pond Presque Isle State Park

Many years ago, my Granddaughter and I took a drive on the Erie Peninsula and ran across some house boats.... Only because I got lost... who knows how I got lost but I did.       I had wanted to go check them out in the summer time because I thought they were very cool.   When I decided to search for them, I couldn't find them.   Well Darn!!!

10 years later, give or take a few years, my Hubs and I were in Erie, Pennsylvania and I told him I wanted to go check out the House Boats.  He said he kind of knew where they were.

On the way, I wanted to stop and look at Perry's Monument on Persque Isle.  Would you believe I was looking across the water and seen the house boat... Whooo Hoooo.... finally after all these years.
These are the houseboats I seen looking from Perry Monument.


They are fairly easy to find now that I know they are on Horseshoe Pond.


To get to these houseboats, you have to have a canoe, kayak or something that floats.

   I wonder how they get furniture delivered???



And look... there is even a double decker!!

I would love to own one of these, or perhaps even rent one just to see if I would like to own it.

18 comments:

  1. How cool to stumble upon House Boats!! Hmmm I wonder too how they get furniture delivered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love houseboats, how neat to luck onto them. I wonder what they look like on the inside. I would so like to get a peek inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That double decker houseboat might be a little scary in a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I want to go see these. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily5:00 AM

    How very cool that you just happenend upon these. I too would love to see inside them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Husbands dream is to own a houseboat. REally he would rather own a facier boat but a houseboat will suffice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:40 AM

    Just came across the houseboats while on vacation this past week.
    Would love to know if you can rent them?
    Or if any are for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous,
    I wish I knew if we could rent them. When I was there no one was outside thier houseboat to ask anything about them. I too would like to rent one. It would be so cool to own one of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:51 PM

      They are private residences. You can not rent them.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous4:41 PM

    easiest way to get there is to turn to beach 11 but keep going the house boats are just before you get to the coast gaurd station

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha... thanks anonymous. I guess I took the real long way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:15 AM

    They cannot be rented. They are all privately owned.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Anonymous. I guess renting is out then, unless I knew one of the owners

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:33 PM

    I would think that if you wanted to put furniture in one you would simply motor it over to the dock. After all it is a house "boat."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahah.... good one. I never thought of that.

      Delete
  14. I have been out there dozens of times and to this time I have as of yet to see one person on any of them !! Sometimes I wonder if they are all abandoned....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:11 PM

      I was just there on July 4th, more than half of them had people sitting on the decks.

      Delete
  15. Anonymous10:49 PM

    We were there last weekend and there were people on some of them. There are only allowed 24 - the ones there were there when the area was made a park and were moved to Horseshoe Bay and that is where they have to stay. Took the informational cruise by Perry Monument. Great place to vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.