Place Your Banner Here

Place Your Banner Here
Your Ad Here

Tuesday

The Avenue Of Flags ~ Hermitage, Pennsylvania

Location:

Hillcrest Memorial Park

2619 East State Street

Hermitage, Pa 16148

412-981-9900



This is such a heart moving place to see, to me it was a MUST SEE!! When I read the story behind these flags, I got the goose bumps. Click on History to go to the write up.



There are 444 American Flags Flying....each one represents one day of captivity during the Iranian Hostage Crisis, Click here to read









Eight men gave thier lives in a mission to free their country men and this eternal flame burns before the monument in memory of them.
I am so happy that I went to see The Avenue of Flags and Very PROUD to be and American.
This Patriotic display is open to the public year round.

6 comments:

  1. what a great tribute! ....thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful patriotic display. This looks like something very worth visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomorrow is July 4th. How fitting that I found this post. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful memorial for those who gave their lives so we can have freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily5:04 AM

    I have passed signs for Hermitage but have never been. I see you have quite a few things posted about this town. I just might have to stop and see this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a very patriotic town. That is a lot of flags all in one place.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.